Waco Perks FAQs
About the Discount Program
1. Where can I view participating businesses and discounts?
2. Is there a specific discount rate that must be offered?
No. The purpose of this program is to encourage the campus community to shop local and support city growth. We ask each participant to establish a reasonable rate or deal that is significant enough to be of added value to anyone with a Baylor ID card.
3. Who at Baylor may redeem these discounts?
Unless otherwise specified, discounts must be offered to anyone with an official Baylor ID card, including faculty, staff and students.
4. Who oversees the Waco Perks Discount Program?
Waco Perks discount program is a program out of Baylor's Office of External Affairs. The program supports work in the City Growth area of the Solid Gold Neighbor community engagement initiative, encouraging faculty, staff and students to support local by shopping local.
Enrollment, Eligibility & Requirements
1. Who can join Waco Perks as a discount provider?
Any business with a storefront within the City of Waco or McLennan county may offer a discount or deal through the Waco Perks program. We reserve the right to refuse to promote an offering or organization if it conflicts with the University's core values.
2. How does a discount provider enroll in the program?
Providers must complete our online enrollment form to participate in the program.
3. How long must I offer my discount?
A provider must offer their discount for at least one calendar year.
4. Do I have to re-enroll annually?
No. Providers will continue to be enrolled after the required calendar year passes. Notify Baylor External Affairs at External_Affairs@baylor.edu if you wish to discontinue your discount following one year.
1. How do we validate someone is eligible to redeem a discount?
A provider must require faculty, staff and students to present their Baylor ID card when redeeming a discount or deal. If the discount or deal is redeemable online, it is up to the provider to verify affiliation through a discount code or other mechanism of their choosing.
2. What do I do if I want to change my discount?
Notification - A provider must notify External Affairs immediately about any changes to their discounted offerings.
Students, Faculty & Staff
1. Do I need to enroll or sign up to be able to access these discounts?
No. Students, faculty and staff all have access to the discount program, no enrollment necessary. Just show your Baylor ID at participating businesses.